Thursday 19 August 2010

Lots of things have happened. And i have been quiet busy snce arriving here. The flight was awful and it took me almost 22 hours.
At the airport Veslemoey and Haakon picked me up and took me to there house in San Mateo, a really nice neighbourhood. I will upload pictures as soon as possible.They have been taking care of me since and helped me a lot. Both of them are norwegian but immigrated to the U.S. 50 years ago. She could cook! I have been eating american pie, sweet potatoes, waffles..e.t.c and i have to conclued: I love it. I am gonna gain wait here if i wont join the Berkley football team...

I have been to Berkeley twice, it is one hour by BART from where i am staying now. I started to look for places to stay, and yesterday i looked at several things. Eventually i found a place to stay. It is an appartament which I share with a spanish girl, Anna, and we have a big living room and two bedrooms. It is old and the iving room is covered with brown, thick carpet. Kind of ugly. But it is close to Campus, 5 minute walk, and it seemed to be the best out of them I had seen.
I went to see a place, there I would have had to shared bathroom and kitchen with the lady who owned the house. She was an old hippi and kind of strange. There are lots of them in Berkeley..

So today i am moving to Berkeley. The weather is really nice. It is sunny and i got the Californian dreaming feeling. Campus is big! I gotlost yesterday. Really lost. The man i finally asked for the way, laughed at me and said, yeah you are lost!
But when first getting to the center of Campus iwas overwhelmed. There is Urban Outfitters and American apparel on Campus. Lots of petite cafes and restaurants. the buildings are beautiful and there are lots of small parks to sit in. It is like in a movie. A propos movie.
I was waiting for Magnar in front of the International House. Suddenly the Berkeley football team is going inside the house. Wow! They looked like they were coming right out of a highschool movie. Tall, tanned and handsome. Hahaha. Well, i am defintely going to see a game. The team is called the Bears. Biggest game is against Stanford. They obviously dont like each other.

Well, so far from California. I really like what i have seen so far. I dont feel homesick yet. There are too much things to see and do.

You are more than welcome to come and visit! There is lots of space in my new home!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds good! Tried to call you when I came home this evening, but you were already gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hippie hay ho! så morsomt. og så bra! Det er duket for underholdning skjønner jeg. Berkley høres inspirerende ut! La pedagogiske tanker ta sin plass :)

    Sol i hjertet og sol i sinnet ! Men jeg savner deg fremdeles..

    ReplyDelete