Thursday 26 August 2010

It`s getting serious!

Today our classes start. I`ll have my first class at 11 PM. We have to visit severel classes we are interested in for the next couple of days. After that we apply for those we like. I`d wish this period was over already. I am afraid of missing something or doing something wrong. But it`ll work out.

The last days have been amazing. It has been HOT! They said on the news that it had been the hottest day in San Francisco since 1959! I spent one day in San Francisco with Gunn. We walked all over town in the heat. But it was fun. It is an interesting town. Seems so colorful. But there were lots of weird poeple. Gun brought her Lonely planet and we used the map to find our way. We had lunch and she signed the NO GO places in her map. Somehow we walked through three of these No Go places..haha. But it was at daytime so no danger. I was scared anyway.

For dinner we went to peruian place to eat ceviche. I havent eaten it since i was in Peru in 2001. The food took me back all the way to Peru. I had a nice day with Gunn and I am happy to know her. She is fun!

Tuesday was even hotter than monday and I went to swim in one of the pools that are located on Campus. That gave me a really californian feeling. Blue sky, hot and a pool. I love it.
In the evening Statoil had invited us for a barbeque. The food was good but the party was so boring. All the Statoil men had put on lightblue shirts and tehy walked around and talked to the students. I had managed to escape from one man and I went to the bar to get myself a beer. And suddenly the next lightblueshirtman caught me and I had to talk to him in 30 minutes. I thought I had to die. Plus, it was so hot that the beer I drank runned right to my had. I was giggeling inside. Haha, at that time I missed my norwegian friends so much. Somebody who would have found this situation as funny as I did.

By the way, I managed to get myself a job at Statoil. I wonder if the man who gave me the deal just wanted to get ridd of me..haha.
After the barbeque was over we went to a bar. Fun.
I started to talk to some homeless people. Sad. One of them was 21 and had been living on the streets since he was 12. Earning money by selling drugs and sleeping outside.

But today all fun is over and real life begins. It feels kind of hard thinking about all the work that has to be done in future. It will be little bit of fun as well I hope. The library is amazing and I hope it will inspire me to study even harder!

We have internet now. So I am avalaible to skype. Would be nice to talk to you.

2 comments:

  1. L O L :D haha I would really like to be in san fran with you! Swimming at campus, walk in the No Go streets, meeting the bums at street - remember the watch-man in NY? and also go barbequing with lightblueguys :p miss you!
    The norwegian students seem nice :) Are you taking the same courses? or perhaps you don't know that yet ;) - beeing a student in the american way may bring some surprises I guess, what if you dont get the courses you need... ? You can always join the fotballteam (as you said before) or some art class or whatever..!? ;)

    Im sure the studying will set in and you will enjoy it! Good luck finding the right courses :)

    Peace & Love & Harmony in San Fran *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! How are you?
    I miss reading updated Berkeley and me!-blog !
    You are probably still cruising around ;)

    Look forward to hearing from you, your life at campus and all around and around and around ;)
    Peace OUT !

    ReplyDelete