Tuesday 21 September 2010

Micheal Jackson lunchtime

Life is still good in Berkeley. I have neglected my blogg a little, but will try to keep it going.

The last weeks have been busy. School has started and is giving me a hard time. Statistics is difficult and unfortunately my motivation is below zero. My statistic class is a small one, we are about 15 people, so you can`t hide..The professor is nice but he demands a lot. I have weekly assignments and exercises. We have both lectures and labsessions. So it`s pretty intense. I have difficulties in understanding the subject. Kind of depressing. But I will make it somehow. I have to.

The other day I went to a phoneshop to get my phone fixed. I thought it was a small thing to do but it turned out to be a bigger affair. However, the clerk who helped me was really funny and we started talking about all the world and his brother. He had to call the phonecompany and tell them my phone number a hundred times. Well, to sum up: He ended up knowing my number off pat..haha! So he said, we should hang out some day. So we did all day. I had so much fun! He looks like Micheal Jackson when he was five. I got myself an american friend. Finally. I learned all this ghettoslang. Times ripe to improve my english. I have mostly spoken norwegian due to the fact that i hang a lot with norwegians.
I wouldn`t wanna miss this though. I have made some good friends here and am gratefull to have them. But most of them are leaving after christmas and i will be stuck here on my own. I`ll better get some more american friends. Maybe I should get my mac fixed as well.

Walking through the streets of Berkeley makes me happy. I love the american way of life and the spirit of Berkeley. It is still sunny and warm. Though it gets chilli in the evening. My spanish roommate is freezing, so she keeps the heeter running. Spain seems to have warmer summer.

I hit the gym today. It was about time. Tried body shape. Well, I thougt I was in a good condition but obviously I am not. The instructor made us cordbouncing while screeming: move your arms, burn calories, burn calories! Haha. I laughed it off. Never again. I stick to spinning.

Veslemøy and Håkon are coming back from Africa on thursday. It`ll be nice to meet them again. I spent the labour weekend with them in Santa Cruz and ate the best food of my life there. Waiting for some more.

After midterms I am going to spent a weekend in San Diego with some norwegian friends. Looking forward to that!

I am not missing Norway, but I miss my friends though. So I am blogging for you! And I miss Kaviar.


No comments:

Post a Comment